Friday, January 27, 2012

Sleep is better than....

----insert what you may here....I choose my mom's Sunday roast dinner--and THAT is saying something----

It has been a fog over here the past month or so.  My poor little ones came down with the sickness (and I was not down, but I did get up).  Cru had croup while we were in Idaho and it stayed with him for a long time and decided to turn into a double ear infection.  The meds he was on weren't strong enough so the ear infections came back accompanied by fever, booger nose, and what not.  Needless to say, my epic sleeper was not getting very much sleep.  He couldn't suck on his passy because his nose was so plugged and it was a right hot mess.  Mom was up many times trying to comfort him and what not.  Then my little Zoey got all stuffed up and congested and the doc said it was RSV.  What???  I panicked but there is really nothing you can do but watch to see if it turns into something else.  Also, she began to bust out of the swaddle and biff herself in the face, thus waking up at all hours of the night.  So I unwaddled her gradually and now she is "addicted" to her pacifier and can't sleep without it.  One night I was up six times in two hours and I litterally punched the wall.  Not my best moment but I needed to punch something.  I actually back handed it but who is keeping track of those minor details.  So I have been trying EVERYTHING to help my Zoey figure out how the crap you are suppose to sleep.  She is getting there and will only sometimes wake up a couple times.  She SUCKS at napping right now though and takes about 30 min naps--Cru was the same way so I pray it is just a phase.  I keep saying to myself outloud "I don't know what the heck I am doing".  In the space of a week to a week and half I was averaging 4 hours or so of sleep a night.  I was afraid of myself because I NEED sleep and I get 'out of hand' without it.  Oh-and I got sick too. And Jaitz puked three times one night.

We are all doing SO much better health wise but holy crap that sucked worse than most things.  I am getting so much more sleep even if it is interrupted here or there--at least it isn't every twenty minutes with someone crying.  Oh!  On one of the first 'good' nights that I got the dang dog came into our room and started panting like a weirdo.  I told him to go away and he wouldn't so I thought for sure he puked somewhere.  Turns out he was about to pee his pants so I let him out thankful that he woke me up.


They are lucky they are cute because I have wanted to quit a few times this past month.

5 comments:

Courtney Schramm said...

loved reading this. what a month! You need a vacay.

The Raguskus Family said...

So glad that other moms have moments like this! Not glad you experienced it, but glad that I am not the only one, not sleeping dealing with kids and not having my best moments!!! Hang in there. You are doing a great job!!! Hopefully you guys can stay healthy and happy for a bit!

Heather Morgan said...

Oh do I ever sympathize with you!! When Mylee was 7months old I had nights like that until she turned 1. I felt like I had a personality disorder by the end of it. It does pass thank the Lord above. Hang in there buddy!! You are an awesome Mommy!
ps- one time i literally tossed mylee to chancy from like 2 feet away. my best mother-hood moment for sure.

Lindsey Jensen said...

I was literally laughing so hard I was crying... tried to read part of this to Nick and he ended up having to read it on his own bc he couldn't understand me!! I am so glad I'm not the only one with moments like this!! I NEED sleep too and get a little(lot) crazy if I don't get it!! I am so glad you all are finally feeling better!! I agree, you do need a vaca!! BTW, I think I say almost on a daily basis that I want to punch something!! You're not alone!!

Rachel and Jason said...

Kristen. You are hilarious. Thanks for not sugar coating life's crappiest moments. Seriously, I love that about you! Also, I'm scared to have a baby now...