An old Seamons family tradition (back when my parents were poor....well, more poor than they claim to be now) a tradition in our household was to get KFC and cherry 7up on Christmas Eve. We felt that tradition must be kept in our household. So on the eve of Christmas we went to a GHETTO KFC in Chandler to pick up our bucket-o-chicken, tatoes and gravy and the tasty tasty biscuits. We were the only white people there (that isn't what made it ghetto you racists....what made it ghetto was the fact that outside of the KFC they still had that HUGE bucket on a pole that people could see for miles and I'm pretty sure it used to spin. Plus all the pictures inside on the walls were circa 1992.) As you can see from Zac's face - it was a hit.
Even Jaitz got a special Christmas Eve dinner. He didn't breath while eating. Just look how crazy his eyes are.
After our tasty fried dinner we made our way to the fireplace to get warm.
This year we Skyped my family and participated in the shenanigans via the interweb. Stan would take us around and whisper funny jokes that only Zac and I could hear. It was nifty and felt like we were there in a way.
Santa Claus visited us that night and we awoke to a heap of presents. Zac and I woke up before Cru and we had to wait and wait until he woke up. He decided Christmas day was going to be a day he slept in until 9:30. I know it will be different in a few years but still it was funny to have us just sitting there staring at each other, making noise, hoping that Cru would wake up.
He quite enjoyed opening presents! He liked both the wrapping paper and the toy inside which was a plus.
Zac and I made pogacha (a Serbian bread) and made sandwiches that day. Looks delish doesn't it. It was.
That night our dear friends the Moody's invited us to their families Italian Christmas bash. I wish I had some pictures but alas, I do not. It was AMAZING!!!!! Gina has a hilarious and LOUD aunt that hosts it every year and we got to be a part of her huge family that night. It was something I will never forget. We lined up and had a WHOLE crap load of things to put in a pasta dish (I had shrimp, salami, carrots, broccoli, sun dried tomatoes, capers, onion, and 3 types of pasta). The 'cooks' (Gina's cousins) slapped it all on the stove and tossed it in oil and garlic and then put a white and red sauce on it (and fresh basil and lemon juice). I have been having dreams about that pasta every night since! Holy CRAP it was amazing. We ate outside (which I can now check off the list - meaning eating outside on Christmas Night) and caught up with our buddies since we haven't hung out with them as a couple for over a year (Bryce had to be a smarty pants and go to medical school in the Caribbean). So amazing and I'm so grateful to have been a part of the fun.
Thank you all (Mom, Mom D. & the Moody's) for making it a great Christmas even though we were on our own!
2 comments:
I love that you went to KFC!! So great. Isn't it so much more fun with a little one? He is ADORABLE! Seriously. Moneeeeeey. I wish I could be there to get to know him, and give him a real good daily snuggle. Love you guys!!
Dude, you need a new post!!
Post a Comment