Tuesday, April 28, 2009

And here we have Idaho

Winning her way to fame. When I was a young gun, my family would take our usual family vacation which was to Pocatello/Blackfoot to visit grandparents. Not to the beach or even near any sort of body of water that was above 40 degrees. No, we went to the coldest and windiest part of the state. Not the point. So on our family vacations my dad would always honk a song rhythm and we 'the kids' would have to try and guess which song it was. The one song I always knew he had in his arsenal and I knew he would ALWAYS honk was the state song of Idaho. I being the youngest was pumped when I even got to put my two cents in but when I guessed the song before anyone else?? Pure heaven. Once the honked song was guessed usually the most popular part of the song was sung and then we'd move on. The funny thing about when the Idaho song was 'honked' the whole car broke into chorus with parts, harmonies, and some kind of hand gestures waving about the car. Needless to say, the song has been stuck in my head for a few days now because I am in Eagle, Idaho as I type.

My mom is the best! She had a free ticket she was going to lose if she didn't use it by the end of last year so she gave it to me! It has been really fun here in the great state of Idaho because I have gotten to see all of my family. We have had quite the schedule since I arrived. Did I say my mom was the best? She had a huge family dinner on Sunday night (you know, fried chicken, beefy potatoes, and all the trimmings) and all the Seamons and Drzayich's-that are in the country-came to the party. There were about 20 people at the dinner and it was a riot. My dad was a bit sleep deprived which consists of him getting loony and repeating stuff about three times. Then sometimes he throws in a casual cuss which makes my brothers giggle like school girls. I only spit the truth.

These two pictures are right after dinner. Paige was singing me the ABC's and Sophie was working on her 12th piece of candy.

And Landon can walk. What??

I am so pumped for Thursday-ling ling night-and I shall be posting with I know some good stuff after that debacle. Hopefully not anything too revealing eh Lester?? Word.

3 comments:

Heather Morgan said...

Thanks for the post! Comical genius as always. But more importantly, thanks for last night! It was a much needed night of the brits, the candy drawer, half a turkey sandwich...and of course gas from jaitz. See you at the LING!!! BOOYA.

Kristen Levandusky said...

Man- I can't wait to see you tomorrow. Your posts just make me bust up laughing every time. Here we have Idaho takes me right back to Mrs. Simpson and Honor Choir. Yes, I was a star Honor Choir student. But would you think of me any different? That's what I thought.

Anonymous said...

I loved those vacations. You hit that one on the head! Anywhere warm? Not on your life. Anywhere over the population of 2,157? Nope. Thunder being ridiculous? Check. Loved it! Your post definitely took me back. You stinker. You have a talent for remembering just about EVERYTHING!! Sometimes I wish you wouldn't--like the time I got super mad at you for slamming my new sports car door? I made you cry. What a pachank I was! Just remember the good, okay? T'was a blast having you home. WE MISS YOU, CHI-CHI!!!